LIPOTEC SAU develops, manufactures, and sells nutraceutical ingredients for functional food and nutritional supplements applications. Our ingredients add nutritional value to the foods to which they are added.
Some manufacturers use our ingredients for products intended for children’s use. Those are particularly sensitive to food safety issues.
The ingredients manufactured by LIPOTEC SAU are incorporated in small quantities in the final formulations of our clients. However, these ingredients are produced in large scale batches (boosted precisely by the low doses in which they are added). These large batches and low doses imply that a relevant number of consumers might be affected in the event of an uncontrolled hazard. In other words, the potential impact is high.
As a result, LIPOTEC SAU believes it is essential to control any potential risk through a quality system that guarantees the safety of 100% of its products for the end consumer.
To ensure this quality standard, LIPOTEC SAU’ provides all personnel involved in processes with the appropriate training and awareness. In addition, LIPOTEC SAU maintains adequate control over all of the processes involved in the performance of the activities of LIPOTEC SAU, especially on external factors to our company. Such processes include manufacturing of raw materials or finished products, quality control, storage or transport, and any other critical activity for the products we provide to our customers.
LIPOTEC SAU considers the awareness of continuous improvement (CI) must be the inspiration for our work. CI is a critical factor in guaranteeing excellent food safety for our products. To contribute to this improvement, we will implement all the tools within our reach, including creating a Food Safety Team and correctly managing incidents and complaints.
For all the above, the management of LIPOTEC commits to the following:
- Respect all applicable legal and regulatory requirements, those established in the ISO 22000 standard, and those agreed with our clients, ourselves, and on behalf of the rest of the people and organizations involved in our company’s processes. This way, we will guarantee the safety of our products and the total security of our activities.
- Comply with the Quality Policy and lead the development and implementation of the Management Systems established by the above standards.
- Always seek the path towards continuously improving their effectiveness, establishing ambitious objectives in this direction.
- Assign the technical and human resources necessary to fulfill this Quality Policy.
- Determine internal and external issues that may affect the expected results of the Food Safety Management System by defining and understanding the organization’s context.
- Develop a Food fraud plan that will help us produce high-quality products using raw materials that comply with the defined characteristics and parameters, and with the specifications set by the corresponding regulations.
- Maintain continuous contact with the interested parties to determine their needs and be able to adapt to them.
- Ensure that all personnel comply with the provisions of the manuals and procedures, always acting from a preventive approach.
- Periodically review this policy to adapt it to new requirements and make it available to any company, body, or interested party that requests it.
- Ensure, using a FOOD DEFENSE PLAN, the protection of foodstuffs against possible intentional acts of contamination or alteration.
- Have a self-monitoring system based on HACCP, Hazard Analysis, and Critical Control Points.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate Food Safety Culture, which includes the commitment of management and all employees to the safe production and distribution of food; awareness of all employees of the company on the importance of food safety and hygiene; open and transparent communication and availability of sufficient resources to ensure safe and hygienic handling of food.
The Lipotec Management signs this policy and commits to uphold and extend its contents to the organization and its stakeholders.